It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:50 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 61  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:17 pm 

Survivor

Dang Blumster your just motoring along... Excellent work... Congratulations... :clap:
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:06 pm 

Never having tried joining mmo private servers before, what exactly will be the procedure when that day finally comes? How will you be hosting a game intended for so many, will you be charging people for the cost of running such a server, and what will we have to do to join it? I know, we're talking about something that is off on the horizon, but just for curiosity sake, how will players even join it?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:38 pm 

Hi Blumster,

You made my Day, really AA was my First MMO I ever played. Please keep the development going. I may can help a you . Send me a PM if you need help. I cant wait to shoot all the buildings with the vehicle again. It was too the first game where PhysX was implemented so well.

Cheers,
Andrien

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:07 pm 
Survivor

DiluculoVoX wrote:Never having tried joining mmo private servers before, what exactly will be the procedure when that day finally comes? How will you be hosting a game intended for so many, will you be charging people for the cost of running such a server, and what will we have to do to join it? I know, we're talking about something that is off on the horizon, but just for curiosity sake, how will players even join it?

Sorry for late answering, but I was working on the Global and Sector server's globalization. I'm developing a server program right now. I've said that i might not even host it. Even if i'd host it, it would be based on a donation system to keep the server alive, i would not charge ppl for playing. Joining is easy, you have to add 1 line of text to a file in the client's folder. (I will distribute the supported client, if the server is ready, and it will already include that change.) After registering on the specified website (there is non yet), using that creditentals, you can easily enter the game and play. But this things are related to an actual server hosting, not developing.

Adrien: The server is coded in C#, do you know that language? Do you have any experience in server programming, or networking? Tell me more what have you done yet, and others. I have a task you can try to achieve. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:46 pm 
Survivor

Soo much win! I've managed to save/load characters/vehicles/other stuff into the DB! Now it remembers the characters. I needed this step for loading back the same character in the sector connection. (which i've created in the global.)
Now i can start working on a more generic sector server. (even maybe moving with vehicle will be done today afternoon.) (11. 26) :)

Also: new logo in the console! :D

Proof: (There would be CreateCharacterRequest from client if i created the character, not just loaded it form db!)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:14 pm 

That's great to hear. Looks like this is really coming along!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:41 am 

Blumster: much love and respect man. I'd been chewing on the same idea, but I haven't got a fraction of the knowledge needed to make it work.
I've got the original pack-in disk and soundtrack I could dissect and upload if it'd help at all -though I'd need some hand-holding to make it work. :hide:
I'll look around here for what I can do to support the project, and again:
Mad Props! :nuclear:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:57 am 

Hey, I don't suppose there'd be a point or chance of starting a Kickstarter "Buy Auto Assault" drive?
I thinking on this project of Blumster's and the topic of funding. I'm not any kind of help on that idea alone, but this could be an idea that responds well to Crowdsourcing.
Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:28 am 

I'm afraid PlayNc still holds all rights to Auto assault, it's not something he could legally sell to anyone. :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:24 am 

I think ArchAngel meant creating a kickstarter in order to buy the rights to Auto Assault. That being said, it is unlikely that that would be possible or successful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 61  Next