It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:33 pm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:09 pm 

Site Admin

Greetings Wastelanders!

It has been quite a while since one of us peeked through the blast doors at camp Apok, real life be damned, but I have been giving the game concept a thought lately in regards to the recent KickStarter, Early Access and Greenlight services.

The world of Apokalypsos is very rich and full of possibilities, which can be introduced in a single player prologue experience, setting the groundwork for the lore and extensive game mechanics, while allowing us to sharpen our skills and push technology to meet our ultimate goals.

Pushing an MMO is not an impossible task, but it is still a massive undertaking that will require a stepping stone. Having a taste of the world in a more player-focused environment would ultimately help spread the word and grow a community that can support the project's grand multiplayer plans.

Voice your thoughts on this and let us know how you feel about this direction.

Cheers,
:nuclear: Sig

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:16 pm 

Road Warrior

I've always kinda wanted to play around with the game mechanics, having never played the game. AFAIK this would be a fairly simple operation, just a matter of getting the client to work with a custom server and building a single-player server for it to connect to.

Long-Lost Rule #589 of the Post-Apocalyptic Road Trip Survival Guide: Use the bathroom when you have the chance, and bring some diapers or a bedpan just incase.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:17 am 

Exposure can't hurt. Stepping stones seems reasonable also. I've never "stopped" and am in whenever, primarily for world-building and lore, of which I have large amounts of "history" (future, whatever) nobody has seen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:06 am 

I think it's a good time to do a kickstarter just make sure that you will have a lot of free time for the month the kickstarter will run to market the hell out of it.

UT4 engine was just released and it costs $19 a month to develop it... It's a good time for it to happen.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:31 pm 

honorabili wrote:I think it's a good time to do a kickstarter just make sure that you will have a lot of free time for the month the kickstarter will run to market the hell out of it.

UT4 engine was just released and it costs $19 a month to develop it... It's a good time for it to happen.

Considering a Kickstarter wouldn't be a bad idea. Sig, have you thought about kickstarting the project at all? May not be a bad idea to look into, given the rapidly growing popularity of the kickstarting concept.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:42 pm 

Indeed kickstarter would be a great place to accumulate funding - however - from what I have seen it usually relies on a vision that others can relate to. Its all about the presentation!

I have always thought starting off as a single player adventure would be the best approach tbh and indeed wasn;t that the plan anyway? :deal:

Hello again btw :) :guns:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:26 pm 

The single player game lead-in concept worked great for Curt Schilling and his 38Studios! Oh wait.. :)

I would totally support a kickstarter.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:44 pm 

Site Admin

If we just had one of the many millions Curt splurged on his dream project, we could do 10 post apocalyptic games!

Our vision of the game and its scale are reasonable and attainable, but the challenge will be to hire and pay for capable programmers. That is our biggest challenge right now, as we have enough artists and writers to pull through.