It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:09 pm

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:34 am 

I've got a thought about clans, missions and player progression I'd like to share! :). Something you never really see is a system for clan mission assignment in mmos. This bounty/comission system would encourage members of a clan to progress together and team up in order to work with or for the clan and progress their characters naturally.

A way for clans to direct even new players who may be prone to wander around doing their own thing. Members of leadership could create lists of clan assignments which would provide participants with rewards when completed just as npc missions might. Rewarded based on the difficulty and "level requirement" of the mission, the chosen missions average success or fail rate, a baseline of experience could adapt to the missions requirements. You would have to avoid a broken system that would allow players to intentional fail the mission repeatedly in order to jack up it's rewards; adequate or even painful failure costs could do the job.

I was imagining contracts something like the standard collect this, fetch me this, kill this, enemy player bounties, deliver this which all should be rewarding for both the clan and the player. The player may be sent out to gather a specific sort of salvage, kill members or the leader of a local group of npc raiders to cripple their gangs strength and prevent it from attacking the clan compound. Take down problematic players who've been blacklisted, or prove your clans superiority by demanding the deaths of X number of enemy clan players in the region.

Could be anything really, but the goal is the same, player assigned clan missions designed to benefit the clan, and give members something to do together for their own rewards.
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:21 pm 

I agree. It would be cool to receive a mission from your boss to kill an enemy player causing to much trouble on your turf.

However, pay should be determined by the clan leaders or generals, and out of their pocket. Obviously they're leading the clan and may collect taxes from refugees in their turf, they should have money to pay their members for jobs completed. Also, perhaps the leader has a special reward for the first member to kill the bounty? A new gun? Or some extra money?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:27 pm 

Yes, "physical rewards should be provided by the leadership, that sounds fair. However I'm saying there needs to be a system in place that somehow provides fair payout of clan reputation and experience for skill ranks. Can't have clan leaders giving missions to go pick up a mundane hunk of metal that provides 10,000,000 exp points.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:59 pm 

Well these missions could be a modular thing that the clan's mission-givers could set up by choosing from a target (An item, player, or whatever) and a task (i.e., kill, apprehend, transport, locate, etc). Then the game could calculate the difficulty (and exp rewards) based on those two factors (i.e. rare items and players with a high combat reputation would fetch more, stealing an object would be net more experience than destroying it, etc.) The clan leaders themselves could decide who has what standing with the clan (like they do in eve online). If they want to set someone's status to friendly just for delivering a hunk of metal it's on their head if they get betrayed later.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:29 am 

That could definitely work, I drew on spore galactic adventures for the idea of missions being rewarded based on their success rate as well as other factors. In any case, I think clan missions are a must, would be a great way to create a system that encourages community unitization, and sense of loyalty.