It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:51 am

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:52 pm 

Site Admin

The weapons in Apokalypsos will be broken into Vehicular and Personal, and each will have Melee and Ranged options.

Here are a couple of sneak previews for the personal weapons featured in the game:

Improvised melee weapons:

Ranged Air-Gun weapon:

If you have suggestions or ideas for specific weapons, share it in this thread. So let's talk weapons! :guns:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:37 pm 

I'd like the idea of where guns look like many foraged parts meshed together into an operating gun.

King of like these:

Also, maybe have it where you can find many parts that look like it could fit into a gun piece. So people can customize their own looking weapon by using different parts they found and need. As well the quality of the part and how the part is would effect the ability of the weapon.

Like, if your building a rifle but you could only find a really small barrel, then the rifle cant shoot as far. Factors like this, length, width, rust amount, durability, whether it's kind of squishish or a solid piece. These factors will be on many different pieces, and you can build the gun to what you want it to be.

Get what i'm sayin'?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:14 pm 

The melee weapons, especially the crow bars, look very cool. I'd probably carry the crowbar in this apocalyptic world. Blunt side for whacking smaller creatures away, and sharp side for prying the weapon into another player's head in PvP or fighting bandits or something.

Also, iconic rifles such as an m-16 or ak-47 should be present, but rare or difficult to build. Both are very reliable ( ak more so), but would be rare because most civilians can't own automatic weapons without a special license. Not like every household would own one of these weapons, get what I'm saying? Finding schematics from weapons factories or buying them from military surplus stores for factions would be neat.

Like the rebels would have a few aks in stock, and you could buy it for a price. Maybe some rust here and there, so you would need to fix it back up or just use it in it's current condition. Gun schematics would be neat. Maybe find some wood and metal for the stock and return to the weapons factory to use the machinery there to craft your weapon (part).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:45 am 

I think it's a must that this game have very functional utilities as well, such as smoke nades of various color to both mark and shroud the battlefield. Maybe even some long lasting area control booby traps and such too, trip mines, bear traps around player Hq's.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:41 pm 

DiluculoVoX wrote:I think it's a must that this game have very functional utilities as well, such as smoke nades of various color to both mark and shroud the battlefield. Maybe even some long lasting area control booby traps and such too, trip mines, bear traps around player Hq's.

I like that idea a lot. Different color'd smoke can help a team identify what that area means. A red smoke for the group could me, attack that area, where maybe a green is where the group needs help, or is friendly, stuff like that. I can see smokes like you said being useful but maybe hard to make.

Long lasting booby traps I hope is in, I can see them use for defense of a base. Maybe like if you place a bear trap, and you come back 6-12hours later it has to be re-set again even though it was never used. That can show how things need maintaining and what now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:18 am 

This stuff looks really good!
I've got one question concerning mechanics of melee weapons, though. Do you have in plans making the option of blocking the opponents attack? Of course I don't mean blocking bullets but other melee attack ;). This question may also concern powerful or fast attacks (depending on how much of "stamina" you want to use) - will you implement this kind of advanced fighting system or rather will you keep it simple and polish ranged attacks?