It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:33 am

Post subject: Greetings survivors!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:10 pm 

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to have joined up with the effort and hope to partake in writing the soundtrack for the end of the world!

As a long-time musician and gamer, I hope that my music and effects will lend themselves to the overall feel of Apokalypsos. The dystopian genre of films has always made me feel warm and fuzzy inside (or maybe it's just the thought of radioactive fall-out). Regardless, I'm super stoked to be able to lend a hand and see what kind of sonic mischief I can get into with this project!

Whatever music flows out of me, please, please, please give me feedback! I need my music and FX to help extend the play and graphics of the game and not in any way hinder the efforts of the other developers. There is no eye in team (because that would spell "teyeam" (which sounds like "time") and that is precisely what I don't want to waste. Communication is key to the success of us all!

You can check out some of my work at:

http://www.soundcloud.com/ejpt

Here's a campaign video preview by the University of California Santa Cruz featuring my song "AzTech Rustica":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFzPrZYdiKI

Glad to be here. Thanks for having me!

Regards,

Erik Thompson (Ejpt)

:guns:

Last edited by Ejpt on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Greetings survivors!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:02 am 

Hey right on man, glad they found a spot for you; You know I'll be keeping a close ear on your work :) I had to dog Sig for days and bribe him with an unconscionable amount of money to get him to let you in so don't let that go to waste! :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:38 pm 

DiluculoVoX wrote:Hey right on man, glad they found a spot for you; You know I'll be keeping a close ear on your work :) I had to dog Sig for days and bribe him with an unconscionable amount of money to get him to let you in so don't let that go to waste! :clap:

I appreciate it bro; but I still feel kinda' bad for Hans Zimmer...I know he was the alternate choice for the gig if I happened to turn down the offer and I hate to see him go back to making ringtones in his mom's basement...Again. :whatever:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:36 pm 

Welcome aboard! Production has been a bit behind on my end, given the daily adventures of life, so a third musical brain in the mix will be greatly beneficial! Looking forward to hearing your work! You can hear my work from my various bands and projects over the years on my pages as well, over in my thread.

:crazy:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:54 pm 

Excellent - welcome! :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:00 pm 

Thanks for the greets Vhyle and Thor! I'm afraid I haven't heard from any of the devs on what's even needed at this point or where we're at on the project since I submitted the NDA. Anyhow, it would be much more productive to write some music/sound FX with some graphical inspiration to set the mood. I'm excited to get jumping! I checked out your soundcloud page Vhyle...Awesome music bro! :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:11 pm 

Ejpt - have you been able to get into IRC? I'd say that's the place to be to get some progress and feedback. Or will be soon, believe several devs and generally interested parties are wrapping-up summer currently. Should settle back more into routine within a couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:36 am 

Sorry for the delay Thor! I've been uploading some random tunes on my soundcloud page that I hope will be useful for the game. I'm not so hip with the IRC; but I hope to have a little more direction soon...Thanks for the tip! -Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:47 am 

Welcome Ejpt, an audio team meetup is long overdue. See you guys on IRC soon. :2guns: